What tools do you use to inspire creativity in the workplace?
I like to surround myself with words! I always have! It’s amazing how the right words can incite action (of any kind).
Running a busy freelance graphic design studio requires me to be productive and creative all at once, so I adorn my studio walls with words to inspire creativity. My favourites include:
- “When you are having fun and creating something you love, it shows in the product” – Tom Ford
- “Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.” – William Piomer
- “Creativity doesn’t wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones.”
– Bruce Garrabrandt
- “Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent and independent with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play” – Henri Matisse
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
- “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.”
– Mary Lou Cook
- “Creativity involves breaking out of expected patterns in order to look at things in a different way.” – Edward de Bono
- “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” – Erich Fromm
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” – Leo Burnett
- “Make an empty space in any corner of your mind, and creativity will instantly fill it.” – Dee Hock
By regularly replacing and rotating the words on my studio walls I challenge creative thought processes which in turn stimulates new ideas.
Surrounding my work space with powerful quotes and visually stimulating objects is a sure way to get my creative juices flowing.
What’s your secret?
“Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvellous.” – Bill Moyers
If you want to piece the mundane and see your brand or product presented in a truly creative way, contact us for a free quote:
We design engaging publications and products that get your message across powerfully and professionally.
We also create customised, motivational wall art because we believe in the power of positivity.